The Bible does NOT teach free will doctrine, man does. In Man's attempts to have control and design over his own salvation plan, which is rebellion and contrary to Gods word. Look>> here is just some verses to prove it:
Acts 2:21 “ And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved”
John 6:29 “ Jesus answered and said unto them, this is the work of God, that ye believe on Him whom He hath sent."
( who's work? GODS ).
Acts 2:47 "Praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.”
( Who added? The Lord )
Acts 13:48 “…and as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.
( to be appointed is not a willful act )
25. “When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
26. But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.”
( God declares that with mens actions or work this is impossible )
12. "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:"
13. "Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God."
( It is declared here again, we do not have free spiritual will to come to God )
Jhn 6:44 Jesus said: “No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day."
( To be drawn is not a free will action or passive action ).
Jhn 15:16 Jesus said. “Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: …”
11.“(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;"
15: “For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."
( God is speaking here to Moses )
16: “So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy."
18: "Therefore hath He mercy on whom He will have mercy, and whom He will He hardeneth."
( This clearly says it is all Gods action and will )
5."Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace."
( By what? Election of Grace! To be elected is not free will )
6. "And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.” 7. "What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded."
8. "According as it is written: God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear, unto this day".
28. "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose."
29. "For whom He did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren."
30. "Moreover whom He did predestinate, them He also called: and whom He called, them he also justified: and whom He justified, them He also glorified."
2 Tim 1:8-9
8.“Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;"
9. "Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began".
4. "According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love:"
5. "Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,"
( This once again declares, it is all Gods work and action that saves)
8."For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:"
9. "Not of works, lest any man should boast."
10. "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."
God is saying here:
24. “For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land."
25. "Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you."
26. "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh."
27. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them."
The church is not a means of access to God, the church preaches Jesus so that you can have access to God. The pastor is not a means of access to God. People are not a means of access to God. Jesus is the only way to God !!
"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes unto the Father [God] accept through Me" John 14:6